Long Distance Order For Service
Accepted forms of payment are:
Cash, money order, certified check, credit card or debit card.
If payment is in the form of cash, certified check, or money order, you are entitled to a 3% cash discount.
|WHITE GLOVE MOVING PACKING OPTIONS:
BRONZE: White Glove Moving will professionally pack all furniture, mattresses, and wardrobe boxes. All labor & material included within the package.
Unless unpacking services are ordered, the client will be responsible for the unpacking their own boxes.
WHITE GLOVE MOVING & STORAGE (CARRIER) WILL PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
CUSTOMER (SHIPPER) RESPONSIBILITIES
WARNING: If a moving company loses or damages your goods, there are 2 different standards for the company’s liability based on the types of rates you pay. BY FEDERAL LAW, THIS FORM MUST CONTAIN A FILLED-IN ESTIMATE OF THE COST OF A MOVE FOR WHICH THE MOVING COMPANY IS LIABLE FOR THE FULL (REPLACEMENT) VALUE OF YOUR GOODS in the event of loss of, or damage to, the goods. This form may also contain an estimate of the cost of a move in which the moving company is liable for FAR LESS than the replacement value of your goods, typically at a lower cost to you. You will select the liability level later, on the bill of lading (contract) for your move. Before selecting a liability level, please read “Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move,” provided by the moving company, and seek further information at the government website www.protectyourmove.gov
The valuation provided by White Glove Moving on the move day is $.60 per pound per article only. To purchase additional coverage, we recommend Baker International their website is www.bakerintl.com and our ID number with them is 11005. Insurance should be purchased a minimum of 3 days prior to your move.
IMPORTANT: When you elect Full Value Protection (FVP) or other coverage by Baker International; such includes 90 days storage in transits (SIT) coverage. The client is responsible for insuring the cargo past 90 days SIT. Client will need to notify their insurance contact through Baker International of your storage term/need and communicate directly with Baker International on what are your coverage options. White Glove Moving & Storage is not responsible for such coverage or supplemental coverage in excess of .60 cents per pound per article.
Baker International Insurance Coverage for Storage in Transit
Baker International Insurance Coverage for Permanent Storage
When you choose a licensed Carrier, such as White Glove Moving & Storage, to perform your Interstate move, there is important information that must be provided to you relative to the Coverage options for your goods while in transit. While we take every precaution to ensure that nothing is damaged or missing during the move and most moves do go smoothly, accidents can happen and some items may be lost or damaged during shipment. Therefore, for your protection, we provide three options for Coverage of your goods, as follows;
OPTION 1 – RELEASED VALUE OF $.60/LB/ARTICLE VALUATION COVERAGE
Included in your move is free Valuation Coverage of $.60/lb/article for your entire shipment. This coverage is at no extra charge to you, and as such the protection is minimal. It is not insurance, and in the case of lost, destroyed, or damaged items, coverage is paid at the maximum rate of $.60/lb times the weight of any item that is lost/damaged. For example, a sofa weighing 100 lbs would be compensated at a maximum of $60.00 total in the event of loss or damage of any kind. There is no repair or replacement compensation with this Option. To select this coverage, you will sign a specific statement on the Bill of Lading agreeing to it prior to the start of the move.
OPTION 2 – THIRD PARTY INSURANCE COVERAGE
You may purchase an Insurance Policy directly from a third-party Insurance Company to provide for repair or replacement of any missing or damaged goods during your move and storage. This is actual first party “All Risk” Insurance that may be bought from either your homeowner’s/renter’s insurance company or an independent agent such as Baker International Insurance (Phone: 800.356.0093, www.BakerIntl.com). There are several deductibles levels available ($250, $500, or $1000), and the premiums are competitively priced. You will receive a Certificate of Insurance for this policy, and have full coverage for your shipment including Items of Extraordinary Value, Acts of God Coverage, and up to 90 days of coverage while in storage. This is the most comprehensive coverage offered in the industry for protecting household goods when moved by professional movers, and provides the best premium rates. Coverage must be purchased a minimum of 24 business hours in advance of your pick-up date, and we recommend that it be purchased further in advance for your convenience. Any claims would then be filed directly with Baker in the event of loss or damage.
OPTION 3 – FULL VALUE PROTECTION COVERAGE
You may purchase Full Value Protection coverage from your mover to cover repair or the value of lost/damaged items. This coverage is purchased directly from White Glove, and is NOT an insurance policy. In the case of damage or loss, it provides for repair of the item, replacement with a similar item, or cash settlement for the cost of repair or the current value of the item. There are various deductible options available ($0, $250, $500, $1000), and the cost is higher than the Insurance Coverage provided in Option 2. Further, it limits Items of Extraordinary Value to coverage of $100/lb if declared in writing with our Company prior to loading. It does not cover Acts of God Coverage, or any coverage during storage.
Full Value Protection Amount of Liability: (Optional)
|Declared Value (value of shipment)||$0
|$0 to $6,000||$425.00||$350.00||$325.00||$270.00|
|$6,001 to $10,000||$430.00||$380.00||$331.00||$275.00|
|$10,001 to $25,000||$500.00||$425.00||$385.00||$320.00|
|$25,001 to $40,000||$595.00||$520.00||$470.00||$390.00|
|$40,001 to $75,000||$765.00||$700.00||$633.00||$530.00|
|$75,001 to $150,000||$1,350.00||$1,300.00||$1,150.00||$1,035.00
- White Glove does not move; jewelry, watches, collectibles, coins, currency, deeds, bonds, documents, firearms, ammunition, perishable/dangerous/hazardous items, liquids, live plants, animals, or furs. Should these items become part of the shipment, Carrier is not liable for loss or damage to these items. For other items NOT listed above that are classified as Items of Extraordinary Value (any item worth $100/lb or more), they are not covered unless specifically listed on the High Value Inventory in writing by you prior to the move and counter-signed by our foreman, and then coverage is limited to $100/lb maximum per such item damaged or lost.
- Packed By Owner: White Glove Moving & Storage, Inc. has no way of knowing the said contents/condition of boxes that were packed by the customer (shipper). Therefore, White Glove Moving & Storage, Inc. will not accept claims for a damaged item contained in a box that our personnel did not pack, unless of course there is clear and visible evidence that damage occurred during our handling.
- High Value Items: Valuable items must be brought to the attention of your relocation consultant. Additional coverage is required for items whose individual value is over $5000.00
- Important Documents/Items: White Glove Moving & Storage is not responsible for bills, account information, currency or money of any kind, passports, deeds, wills, notes, securities, stamps, precious stones, jewelry, medication, prescriptions or other similar items.
- Electronics: unless there is clear and visible evidence of mishandling, White Glove is not responsible for functionality of all electronics.
- Pressed Wood Items: White Glove Moving will not accept claims for any pressed wood item.